Our Facilities

The experience doesn’t start and end with skiing. Any of our three lodges provide members and guests with service and comfort.


The beautiful post and beam construction of our Main Clubhouse offers a panoramic view of the slopes from two dining levels. The warm, natural finish of the timbers and the main room’s roaring fireplace help relax everybody. This is the gathering place to celebrate the day’s triumphs while enjoying a warm cup of hot chocolate. When the weather is warm, our flagstone patio offers a perfect place to relax on a sunny afternoon. The Member Services Desk can be found on the lower level.

Orchard Lodge

The Orchard Lodge is located at the base of the Exhibition Chair. Just as important as fresh powder and crisp sunshine, skiers and snowboarders look forward to relaxing in front of a crackling fire under the exposed timber rafters of The Orchard Lodge. It offers food service, restrooms, boot changing, and its own parking.

Upper Chalet

The quaint and rustic log structure known as the Upper Chalet, sits proudly at the highest point of Osler Bluff and creates the perfect ambiance for an intimate affair. Impress your guests at this exclusive venue with stunning views of Georgian Bay and the Escarpment.


Since its opening in 1949, Osler Bluff Ski Club has developed the enviable reputation as a pioneer in the ski industry, hosting events of every nature. But Osler Bluff is more than just skiing. As every skier and snowboarder knows, there are two integral parts to their sport. First - playing with the laws of gravity outdoors in the winter months and secondly - socializing with other individuals before, during, and after participation in their sport. We offer an extensive social calendar brimming with engaging activities and events tailored for both young and young at heart, encouraging life-long friendships and unforgettable moments. Every winter weekend at Osler offers both adult and junior social events; from Friday night dinners, themed après parties with live music, Men’s and Ladies Days, Club dinners and dances, family fun days, barbecues, and more.

Members please login to view our full social schedule.


The Playroom

While you're having fun on the slopes, make sure your little ones are having a great time too! The Playroom is a safe and cheerful environment for children ages 15 months to four years old, while parents are on Osler Bluff Ski Club property. Morning or afternoon, or both, sessions are offered. For more information about Playroom services, please contact Nadine at [email protected]

Squire John’s

Visit our on-site Squire John’s Ski Shop for all of your skiing equipment needs. Rental ski and snowshoe equipment for your guests are also available. Please reserve rentals in advance to ensure correct sizing.

You can reach Squire John’s at 705-445-1361.

Summer Club

When the temperature warms and the grass turns green, our summer program lineup keeps you active and social on the hill, by the pool, on the tennis courts or the volleyball courts.

A Brief Summary of a Long History

In 1948, two friends on a ski vacation to Quebec became frustrated with standing in long lift lines. For Struan Robertson and Bill Kingsmill, the solution was simple - create their own ski area, a private club. By the spring of 1949, they felt they had the interest of enough keen skiers to source a suitable location. The summer was spent exploring and hiking the Niagara Escarpment in the Collingwood area, resulting in signed agreements to purchase 50 acres with options for an additional 200. The first General Meeting of the Osler Bluff Ski Club was held on September 27, 1949. The membership goal of 300 was attained by 1954, plus a waiting list.
Thus, the vision of these two men became a reality. Little did these Osler Pioneers realize, the distance from Georgian Bay would reduce its moderating effect of the temperature to allow for more optimum artificial snowmaking at the beginning of the season and much cozier skiing conditions later in the season when the bay ices over.


As Struan Robertson and Bill Kingsmill inched their way forward in lines of skiers that seemed to go on and on forever, they fantasized about skiing with friends at their own uncrowded ski area. The moment of conception of The Osler Bluff Ski Club had just taken place. That summer they went out and explored the Niagara Escarpment area in the Blue Mountains to “buy a mountain”. They got an option to purchase 50 acres. All they needed to do was find 30 friends and family to part with $100 and a private ski club could be formed. Thirty-seven Charter Members were convinced to join a ski club with no lifts and no hill! The first General Meeting was on September 27, 1949 and the 50 acres purchased in November.


The abandoned Franklin Farmhouse became the first Clubhouse for the Club. A trail was hurriedly cut within the Club’s 50 acres, finishing at the farmhouse. Prospective members were encouraged to climb the hill, ski down and drink hot chocolate in the drafty farmhouse while volunteers showed them brochures of future plans and collected as many signed membership forms and $100 cheques as they could.


The first hill, called the Wagon Trail (now the S Hill) and the tow line were cut by members in the summer and fall of that year in preparation for the 1950-1951 ski season.


The idea of two rope tows to the top was abandoned and Osler’s first lift was to be a Ski Car. The Richard Harding Scrivener Four Car Reciprocating Ski Tow was designed and built by members. Although originally built on truck tires, problems in controlling its desire to wander, forced a switch to sleigh runners and the wagon tow was reborn as a sleigh tow. Thirty-two skiers made their way up the hill at a time. It was Ontario’s newest and finest uphill transportation and the greatest single factor assuring the success of the Club.


The Franklin farmhouse had served its purpose as a place to coerce visitors into joining the fledgling Club. However, a better facility was needed for the cold winter season. With the purchase of more land, the Wagner farmhouse became available and was a much better option for a Clubhouse. This farmhouse was a small sturdy building that lent itself to additions. The building was added onto a number of times. A lounge area in 1953, a dining area in 1956 and a major addition and renovation in 1964.


While the sleigh tow provided a unique and sociable mode of uphill transportation, it was erratic and unpredictable. A new T bar was the solution. Osler’s own crew undertook the installation in the tow that took skiers to the top of the escarpment, replacing both the sleigh tow and the Crashley’s rope tow.  Osler was now the proud owner of Ontario’s first T bar. A second T bar, called the Big Wheels Tow, was added at the Orchard four years later.


Racing has always been an important part of the Club. Many hills were cut over the first 10 years. The cutting of the Valley combined with the Bluff Schuss above it, created a course for the Osler Downhill. The Robbins Trophy and Creeds Cup were run annually. Although it was a shorter course than big mountain courses, it had all the jumps and turns to make it a challenging race course. It provided multiple racers with downhill experience which took them to the National team level.


Osler hosted the Canadian Junior Championships. A four-way competition including a slalom and downhill race, cross country and jumping competition.


Since the beginning, Osler encouraged members to build cabins on the property. All of the early cabins were built on the hill side. As these locations filled up, the barren flatlands were opened up to members and the property became speckled with small cabins.


Growing families and guests made for overcrowding in the Clubhouse. Two old log houses were purchased and reassembled into one large building at the top of the mountain creating the Upper Chalet.


At the beginner Hill (the Beehive), children were still struggling with the rope tow which often became too heavy for them. It was a replaced with the J bar.


The desire for continued improvements in uphill transportation led to the addition of a triple chair, the first triple chair at a private club in Ontario. The site of the triple chair was aligned above the Snow Bowl (now Katies Way). The main T bar was moved over to the Poplar area, opening up the west side of the property for additional hills. This project was in part funded by adding new members through the Ping Pong draw.


Second generation members and new members of the Club are now eager to build their own cabins. All available sites on the main property were allocated resulting in Osler’s purchase of a neighbouring farm. The Angus property was developed in two phases.



March 7 was a sad day for all members when the Clubhouse burned down. It had served the members well for many years. The new Clubhouse was moved down the hill to a superior location and completed for its grand opening just 9 months later in January of 1979.


The Club purchases the Weston Farm on the east side of the Townline. The Club now owned 688 acres of land.



The Fisher Trials are a series of recreational trails designed for use by cross country skiers, hikers, cyclists, and joggers. It was completed by Club staff and over 70 volunteers. It is located east of the Osler Bluff Road in the flatlands of Oslerview, Angus and Osler Pines.

Present Day

Today our fleet of four groomers work throughout the night creating pristine corduroy on all of our trails prior to each ski day, resulting in optimum snow conditions. With over 20 runs from beginner to expert, Osler Bluff boasts the most skiable terrain per member of any Ontario club. A vertical drop of 755ft (230 metres) provides members with some of the region's longest runs. We have two high-speed detachable quad chairlifts and one fixed-grip quad chair to service our ski trails. Our platter surface lift and a 160-foot magic carpet service our beginner “Beehive” area. The 8-acre terrain park offers a half-pipe and two dozen features including rails, boxes, jumps and hits. For those who wish for a change of pace, we offer over 27km of marked cross country skiing and snowshoeing trails that wind through the Club’s property, an outdoor skating rink and a skate trail.