A Year Round Experience
As a private club located near the shores of Georgian Bay,
Osler provides our members with access to some of Ontario’s
most beautiful scenery.
Endless green tree tops, beautiful autumn leaves, sparkling blue waters add the mountains of the Niagara Escarpment and you have Mother Nature’s most perfect picture. The Osler Bluff Ski Club immerses our members in nature’s canvas offering winter and summer activities for all ages.
- of 200 feet higher than Blue Mountain and a location 10 kilometres from the Georgian Bay shoreline creates more natural snow as the prevailing winds push up over the escarpment and move inland; Osler Bluff’s northeast exposure also provides better protection against snow erosion from wind and direct sun
- of 745 feet is one of the greatest in Ontario, providing some of the longest runs, many over one km in length. Osler boasts an almost perfect fall line on all of our 20 runs for the beginner to the expert, spread over 130 acres we offer the most skiable acreage per member of all Ontario clubs
- our fleet of four groomers operated by seasoned staff with more than 90 years of experience work throughout the night creating pristine corduroy on all of our trails prior to each ski day resulting in optimum snow conditions “bar none”!
- services over 80% of the skiable terrain; updated in 2014 to a pumping capacity of 3,000 US gallons per minute
- the installation of a 20 million US gallon reservoir “The Pond” on Osler property in 2014 permanently secured the club’s ability to access water for snowmaking
Half Pipe and Terrain Park
- our 6.5 acre terrain park boasts a 350 foot/107 meter full-size competition half-pipe plus two dozen features including rails, boxes, jumps and hips
- two high-speed detachable quad chairs and one fixed grip quad service our ski trails; our nostalgic J-Bar and a 160 foot magic carpet service our beginner “Beehive” area
- the Clubhouse, Orchard Lodge and our very unique log and stone Upper Chalet located on the edge of the Niagara Escarpment all offer food service and a place to warm up by the fire
Snow School and Racing
- our dedicated instructors and coaches offer a high caliber of instruction for all ages. Lynn Warll, Snow School Director and Graeme Buckrell, Head Racing Coach are leaders and well respected in the industry.
Snowshoeing and Cross Country Trails
- for those wanting a change of pace, over 27 km of marked cross-country skiing and snowshoeing trails wind through the club property
Skating Rink and Skate Ski Track
- a liquid cooled 50 x 100 foot skating rink provides another truly Canadian winter activity for all ages; a groomed skate ski track is located around the perimeter of “The Pond”
- access to Osler’s Summer Club that includes two newly constructed (summer 2015) tennis courts, heated pool, change house and a play area for small children is included in members’ badge fees
- our newly constructed reservoir has become known as “The Pond” with many members enjoying paddle boarding, remote control sailboat regattas and beach volleyball
- located on Osler lands are 200 member owned cabins, some offering a unique “ski in ski out” experience.
Today an Osler Membership is more than just skiing,
it is a year round experience.